Well guys I picked up this beauty at a second hand shop and it was pretty much scratch up. It wasn’t as cheap as I would have liked but it certainly had potential. I knew it was a genuine piece and when I got it home there it was right in the drawer the stamp that I wasn’t expecting to see. I googled the maker and the item popped straight up, in fact one link took me straight onto gum tree and the item was for sale second hand and selling for $550, wow $550 how cool was that! . Im not sure if i’ll sell this or just hold onto it in the new house.. Oh dear, what to do what to do. Decision time again I suppose folks. I have such hard time with deciding what pieces to keep and what pieces to let go and then theres what pieces am I going to use in our new nest, oh and then theres whats going to fit and whats not. Going from a four bedroomed one office two sitting rooms two dining areas and two bathrooms to a little three bed house with one bathroom is going to be a real game changer and a challenge for us. It will definitely be one step at a time and one room at a time. Well I suppose i’ll just go get a cuppa tea and think about this piece keep or let go.
Hi guys the first thing I do is buy as much flowers and folliage as I can when they are on clearance. Don’t worry about over load as you can use them all over the house and when you start making stuff , believe me they will disappear very quickly.
I bought a basket , chalk painted it then placed all my flowers and stems in the basket and just used that as decor on a table. ( I just take them out of the basket and use them as I go) Though you will find yourself wanting to replace them quickly, just so you don’t run out and this is a great way of storing them if you don’t have space , just use them this way , bonus they will brighten up the house too 🙂
Try and buy flowers and stems that have good quality, these will look far better and will look more expensive especially if you are planning to sell the wreaths. You can see the quality of the Orchids i’ve used here in the photo below . You can pay anything from 5 bucks to 16 bucks on a stem depending on how well you want your arrangement to turn out. So keep your eyes peeled for clearance items.
Items you will need for this project.
Artificial Hydrangeas and their leaves , Orchids, Roses, and some sort of white flowers (name to follow)
Glue Gun and glue
Secateurs or pruner
Cuppa tea or Coffee.
Lets begin the project 🙂
Unroll your vine screen so its laid out flat. depending on the thickness you want your vine wreath to be will depend on how you like it. I like it to be heavy and thick . I usually end up with four vines out of the roll. Get your wire cutters and start to cut the vine screen into sections of your choice.
- With one of the sections you just cut, start to roll it together , but don’t put pressure on it if you have decided to go for a more lighter weight wreath. (quick tip) > Sometimes the lighter the wreath then the easier to bend into shape , but I like them thick and heavy
2. Once you have rolled the vine grab your wire or string and tie from the centre first , then keep tieing towards the ends . You will use maybe 5 ties in total ( I used string in this project)
3. When its tied and secured with the string or wire just bend it into shape , but do this very gently or the vines will just snap. Then tie the two ends together making it into a circular shape . Your two ends should over lap. You can make this as small or as big as the you like by pulling it into shape and no need to worry if its thicker on one side than the other , the flowers will hide this. You may have to keep bending and squashing it into shape.
4. Shape it until you are happy and tie it securely
5. When you are happy with the look of the wreath get your flowers and arrange them to your hearts desire. (Quick tip) play around with this , you will be surprised at how many times you will change your mind so don’t just settle on your first arrangement.
6. When you like the look you have created start to glue your stems in place. If you don’t have a glue gun or don’t want to glue them, just tie them with wire or string , this will be a bit more time consuming because if your doing two matching and you tie them wrong, it means you have to keep redoing them till they match up the same . But the overall effect is the same wether glued or tied
7. Last thing to do is hold your wreath up and decide which angle you prefare , then centre a piece of string or wire in the centre of your wreath.
8. Finding a home to hang your project …..Hang it in your desired room 🙂